Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Secondary Cage Almost Done

Progress on the scope is advancing, albeit slowly.

But, the good news is that with the installation of the Moonlite Focuser, the secondary cage is nearly complete. I cannot say enough good things about Ron at MoonLite. He really helped out with his generous focuser donation, and I am excited to stump his products to other ATMers.

So, everybody BUY MOONLITE FOCUSERS! They're Grrrreat!

Next, I'm going to work on the secondary mirror holder and spider assembly, but I still might have to do some finagling to get ahold of the FPI Protostar assembly I need. I drilled the tubes to accommodate their 4-vane spider, but I might be able to get another type in there or make my own....

I've posted progress pictures below. Let me know what you guys think.












No comments:

Post a Comment